Rusticating: (verb) – taking to the country to live a peaceful life.
Come rusticate in Freeport, Maine at White Cedar Inn Bed and Breakfast –
centrally located in the Mid Coast and Casco Bay Maine region.
One acre of scenic grounds in which to relax and refresh the spirit.
You’re close to it all at White Cedar Inn. Take a relaxing walk to shopping and dining. It’s just a short, 5 minute stroll along brick-paved sidewalks to LL Bean, the Freeport outlets and great lobster restaurants.
Beaches, the Casco Bay, museums, Wolfe Neck Woods hiking trails, birding spots and winter activities such as cross-country skiing and snowshoeing are a short car ride away. Spring, summer and fall are perfect seasons to bicycle to beaches and along scenic trails. Find more ‘Things to Do’.
Plan your day over a full breakfast in our sun room:
- Take a drive along the rugged coast.
- Haul and set lobster traps on an informative cruise.
- Do a little retail therapy outlet shopping.
- Hike in one of our many nearby parks or nature preserves.
- Sign up for an LL Bean outdoor adventure!
- Relax outside on the porch, on the patio or in an Adirondack chair under the trees.
- Try 6 different ways to eat a lobster.
Gorgeous scenery awaits you around every corner in Maine. We have lots of ideas for places to go and things to do within an hour’s drive of Freeport, Maine.
Relax in one of our 7 cozy guest rooms, each with its own personal style. Each room has:
- Private bathroom
- Controls for heat and A/C
- Free WiFi
- Comfy chairs for reading and relaxing
- In winter we have fluffy down duvets
- In the summer eclectic quilts grace the beds
Take a look at our whimsical getaway packages to help you plan your stay. Be a lobsterman for an afternoon, fly in a vintage aeroplane, take the mail boat on Casco Bay, dig into a lobster bake.
There are many reasons to head to White Cedar Inn Bed and Breakfast this year. What’s yours?
- Girlfriend shopping weekends
- College interviews
- Impulsive getaways
- Family gatherings
- Me time
- Relaxation and discovery
Celebrating 28 years of providing comfortable lodging, scrumptious breakfasts and thought-provoking conversation to travelers in Maine. Isn’t it time for you to visit?
Plan your vacation or honeymoon around one of our many packages organized to save you time and energy. Or, surprise your best friend with one of our ‘Little Extras’– a birthday party, anniversary or Welcome to Maine basket.